Support our Giving Tree campaign this Christmas 2016
It’s that time of year again – Christmas!! I know I know, it’s a little early, but there’s a good reason for it. Each December here at CASTLE33 we take part in the St. Vincent de Paul Giving Tree campaign. The idea is pretty simple..
- SVP provide companies, schools or groups with posters and tags for the Giving Tree. Each tag lists a person and age group (for example, a girl age 4-7 or teenage boy).
- Employees, members of the group, friends, family etc. take a tag from the tree and buy a new gift for the child or adult on their tag.
- They then pop the unwrapped gifts under the Giving Tree or in the designated collection box.
- Once the collection is over, the company/group drops the gifts to their local regional office or drop-off point.
- These gifts are then distributed by SVP to families in need, just in time for Christmas.
Sounds like a great idea, right? Last year, thousands of families in communities across Ireland celebrated Christmas with the help of people that got involved with the ‘Giving Tree’ campaign. Unfortunately, this year even more people need our support.
We’re not a particularly big company here with lots of staff, so we’re asking all our friends, families and followers to help us collect as many gifts as possible for the people in need. We’ve setup our Giving Tree in the office hallway and will be trying to get as many presents as possible over the next few weeks (last day to drop them off to us is Tuesday December 6th). If you can spare some time and money, please donate a present so that we can pass it onto someone who might not being getting any this Christmas. We’d really appreciate your help and support.
Email [email protected] or pop into the office at 33, Carysfort Avenue, Blackrock, Co. Dublin.
And if you want to go about setting up your own Giving Tree, you can find out more information on the SVP website by clicking here.
Let’s give a local family a Christmas to remember this year!