This December we’ve decided to spread the Christmas joy to those in need, and have joined the St. Vincent de Paul ‘Giving Tree’ campaign. The idea is pretty simple..
- SVP provide companies, schools or groups with posters and tags for the ‘Giving Tree’. Each tag lists a person and age group (e.g. Girl 4-7).
- Employees and members of the group then take a tag from the tree and buy a new gift for the child or adult on their tag.
- They then pop the unwrapped gifts under the group’s Giving Tree or in the collection box.
- When the collection is over, the group drops the gifts to their local regional office or drop-off point.
- These gifts are then distributed by SVP to families in need, just in time for Christmas.
We’re not a particularly big company with lots of staff, so we’re asking all our friends, families and followers to help us collect as many gifts as possible. We’ve setup our Giving Tree in the office and will be trying to get as many presents as possible over the next week and a half. If you can spare some time and money, please donate a present so that we can pass it onto someone who might not being getting any this Christmas. We’d really appreciate your help.
Email email@example.com or pop into the office at 33, Carysfort Avenue, Blackrock, Co. Dublin.
And if you want to go about setting up your own Giving Tree, you can find out more information on the SVP website by clicking here.
Let’s give a local family a Christmas to remember this year!
Thanks everyone! 🙂